Whether made from basil, nuts or peppers - pesto not only tastes great with pasta, but also with meat, salads and soups. Here are 2 delicious recipes for rocket pesto.Arugula pesto with walnuts
Pasta dishes are extremely popular. Not least because there is an almost endless variety of preparation options. Pasta tastes particularly good with a fresh pesto that can be prepared quickly and easily by yourself. The classics include, for example, the basil pesto and the spicy wild garlic pesto. They simply taste wonderful and not only spice up pasta, but also dishes with meat or salads.
What is less known, however, is that delicious pestos can also be made from lamb's lettuce and arugula, because normally the leaves are used more for a salad. But believe us: Rucolapesto is not only very tasty, but also extremely healthy, because the valuable ingredients are not lost in the preparation. These two tasty recipes show how easy this preparation is.
By the way: With rocket from your own bed, these pestos are also great homemade gifts from the garden.
Arugula pesto recipe No. 1
- 150 g arugula
- 100 ml of olive oil
- 60 g walnuts
- 40 g macadamia nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Thoroughly clean the rocket and drain well in a sieve.
- Heat a pan and briefly roast the whale and macadamia nuts in it without adding oil.
- Then mix all ingredients with a blender for about 60 seconds.
- Finally, season the arugula pesto with a little salt and pepper.
Arugula pesto recipe no.2
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 100 g blanched almonds
- 100 g arugula
- 50 g curled parsley
- 200 ml mild olive oil
- 50 g parmesan
- pepper from the grinder
- Wash the rocket and the parsley and let them drain. In the meantime, peel the cloves of garlic.
- Roast the almonds in a pan briefly without adding oil.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and process to a smooth mass.
- Finally, you can season the pesto with pepper and sea salt.